Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Hexxit REvisited update/news [complicated]

Alright so first let us address that Dropbox is no longer allowing us to host the pack. If you try and download it from the direct link or Technic you'll get this error:
Error (429)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!
So as you can imagine not everyone is happy about this. Including us. We're currently looking for alternative services and perhaps a look into Curse and FTB modpacks. Perhaps porting it and tweaking it slightly and releasing them there?

FTB will most likely be hosted by me. It will be called Hexxit Continued! (due to copyright of the Hexxit name, we're not allowed to use it outside of Technic..)

Curse will be named Not Tech, Just Magic (aka, NTJM) again since we're not allowed to use Hexxit outside of Technic Platforms..
Curse link is no-tech-just-magic (looks like curse declined the download as some mods are NOT available via curse. It makes sense..but still even with perms from authors it should be allowed. Meh. I'm not gonna rage about it really. I'll keep looking!)
So when all this gets worked out, I'll be editing this post with proper links and don't worry I'll also announce this over on my YT channel as that's where most of you seek Hexxit RE guides. I do apologize I have been absent with it. I just felt initial beginner guides was enough to get started, I didn't plan on poking into every mod in the pack or there would be no fun in exploring it all for yourself! I did introduce small descriptions of the pack in one of my first videos and I felt that was enough. Even with 'recent' changed/updates to Hexxit RE, I still feel the guides are relevant. Now..not so much. So I'll probably kickstart a new tutorial series as most of this works out. Thank you all for your support and patience for this pack. Since nobody has really yelled at us about it, we assume you all enjoy it while it's still alive.